Profile image for gmasters1

Thought I would warn anyone who is interested, last Friday afternoon, (yes I know not the best time to go there), went to Cribbs Causeway, Bristol. After successful shopping trip, left there at 4:15pm & joined the motorway. Yes I was expecting traffic hold ups, people returning home from work, etc. What I wasn't aware of was the appalling lack of road signs. Chippenham junction closed. Only diversion sign I saw was 1/2 mile away from J14 the Dursley turn off (8 miles from the Chippenham Junction). It took 2 and 3/4 hours in total to get back. Must be a record. Never again will I complain about the traffic in Chippenham!

By gmasters1 at 12:30 on 27/11/12

Re-post           

• Profile image for nhavergal

This is terrible! I do feel signs in more rural areas were more clearer about flooding and roadworks in comparison to the motorway. Glad to hear you finally did get back!

By nhavergal at 12:44 on 27/11/12

• Profile image for gmasters1

Totally agree with you regarding the signs. In the places I have driven recently, rural areas have been pretty good re Flood warnings, if they haven't been washed away that is. But the motorway signage was really non existant. Just didn't have a clue what was going on. May have faired better going down the A420.

Thanks regarding FINALLY getting back Naomi, Probably should drive around with a sleeping bag in the boot of the car, I don't think a tent wouldn't be much use at the moment!

By gmasters1 at 12:58 on 27/11/12

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent