Fire crews called to stable fire in Chippenham

Profile image for nhavergal

By nhavergal | Monday, February 11, 2013, 16:45

Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service were called to a stable in Chippenham after it caught on fire on Saturday. 

At around 7:18pm, two fire crews from the Chippenham area were called to Lanhill Stables where a fire broke out on the tiled roof of a one storey home. 

Firefighters made breaks in the roof to stop the blaze from spreading further. 

Crews from Corsham and Calne also attended the scene supported by an aerial appliance from Swindon and a water carrier from Royal Wootton Bassett. 

There were no reports of injuries and animals near the area were taken to safety and unharmed. 

Contents from the property were also salvaged. 

A report from Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service concluded the fire started in the flue liner of the chimney. 

In addition to this incident, five other chimney related fires were reported across Wiltshire over the weekend. 

      

Comments

       
max 4000 characters
        
   

Latest Stories in Chippenham

       
      

Local Vouchers

       
  • Lawn treatments

    Greensleeves

    Purchase a summer fertiliser and weed control lawn treatment and receive 15% off an autumn scarification or aeration.

    Terms: New customers only. Valid for the following postcodes only - BA1, BA2, BA11, BA13, BA14, BA15, SN10, SN11, SN12, SN13, SN14 and SN15

    Contact: 01225 667280

    Valid until: Friday, August 01 2014

     
   

Local Jobs

       
   

Search for...

       
        
Min price is bigger than Max price
        
Min price is bigger than Max price
        
Min rent is bigger than Max rent