Fire crews called to stable fire in Chippenham
By nhavergal | Monday, February 11, 2013, 16:45
Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service were called to a stable in Chippenham after it caught on fire on Saturday.
At around 7:18pm, two fire crews from the Chippenham area were called to Lanhill Stables where a fire broke out on the tiled roof of a one storey home.
Firefighters made breaks in the roof to stop the blaze from spreading further.
Crews from Corsham and Calne also attended the scene supported by an aerial appliance from Swindon and a water carrier from Royal Wootton Bassett.
There were no reports of injuries and animals near the area were taken to safety and unharmed.
Contents from the property were also salvaged.
A report from Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service concluded the fire started in the flue liner of the chimney.
In addition to this incident, five other chimney related fires were reported across Wiltshire over the weekend.