Wiltshire Police recruiting for more officers
By nhavergal | Thursday, January 17, 2013, 12:30
Wiltshire Police will be recruiting police officers to join the force for the first time since the Government Comprehensive Scheme which was set up in October 2010.
Successful applicants will be joining the force in late 2013 or the beginning of 2014.
The force welcomes applications from members of staff already with Wiltshire Police and members of the public.
Applicants must be aged between 18 and 57 with a minimum of 5 GCSE grades from A*- C or equivalent which must include English and Maths.
Anyone interested in applying must be living in Wiltshire, Avon and Somerset, Gloucestershire, Devon and Cornwall, Thames Valley, Hampshire, or South Wales. Proof of address will be needed.
The salary is £19,000 per annum.
Chief Constable, Pat Geenty said: "I am delighted that we are in a position to open our recruitment for police officers. Although the service is facing many challenges, policing remains an excellent career choice."
"It offers an exceptionally diverse career in public service, offering individuals the chance to make a real difference to local communities."
Requirements to join Wiltshire Police
• Applicant must be in good health and fitness. A medical examination will be carried out and must be passed.
• Unaided vision and must not suffer any eye conditions or colour deficiencies. An eyesight test will be carried out.
• Must be a British Citizen or a foreign national who is resident in the UK free of restrictions and with unrestricted leave to remain, member of the European Community, Euorpean Economic Area or a Commonwealth Citizen.
• Have lived in the UK for three years prior to application date
• Hold a full UK driving licence by date of appointment.
• Have no outstanding county court judgements against them or have been registered bankrupt without the debts being discharged.
Other requirements before employment will be carried out including the taking of DNA and finger prints, alcohol and drugs test.
Applications can be made via the Wiltshire Police website. The date for the application to go live will be announced shortly.
Wiltshire Police are the first force in the South West to recruit new officers since October 2010.